Sunday, October 3, 2010

You have to try this!

Not long ago, a friend of mine introduced me to a cool blog called "Filth Wizardry." I was particularly interested in a post about making iron on decals from plastic bags. Yesterday, at Brasstown Bald, a park ranger gave each of the boys a plastic Smoky Bear bag full of little souvenirs. When I saw the bags, I immediately thought of that post and wanted to give her method a try. It worked perfectly!

The Bag


The Shirts


The pictures aren't great, but the picture from the bag fused onto the shirts just like an iron on decal would. The shirts still are soft and flexible. Check out the post I linked to above for an explanation of how to do this and for many more cool ideas.

1 comment:

The Bailey Family said...

Wow--those turned out great!! I love Filth Wizardry, she always has the most amazing ideas!
PS--Love the new family pic on the sidebar--is Matt rocking a full beard now? I almost didn't recognize him!