Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Silly Boys


Here Henry and Oliver were playing a game of Henry's invention. It involved pretending to dive off of stools and running around with safety goggles on. I don't know why Oliver decided to take his clothes off.

Funny things they say:
Oliver
When asked to do something (such as clean up)--"I ARE cleaning up!"

He has been adding "OK?" to the ends of many requests and statements lately--"Not right now. Maybe later, OK?"

"What in the world?"

"Aw, man!"

Whenever he gets hurt (physically or otherwise) he says with teary eyes, "Milk make me feel better."

Oliver has his own names for certain objects
hammer = knocker
baseball bat = hitter
broom = sweeper
(note that he cannot pronounce the r or s sounds, so these sound more like, "knock-o", "hitt-o", and, "teep-o.")

Henry
Henry says cute things, too, but his are usually longer, which means that I usually forget them before I have a chance to write them down.

The other day, while riding in the car, Henry was talking about snakes. He said, "I don't think snakes have a body--just a really long tail and a head." Then he paused and thought and said, "Well, I guess they have a neck, too."

On our way to Tybee Island, Henry said, "When I'm a grown-up, I'm gonna get a billion money and I'm never gonna eat at home. I'm gonna eat at Checker's every night!"

I just found in my purse something that I wrote down that Henry said on our way to New Mexico in March. We were listening to music and he said, "I want to hear the 'brother in the backseat' song. It's even rockin'er than this song!" (He was referring to "Blitzkrieg Bop")

No comments: