Thursday, April 1, 2010

Let's Go Fly a Kite

Today was a beautiful day, so I took the boys to Lake Tobesofkee to fly their Star Wars kites that they got as favors at Aiden's birthday party. They enjoyed flying kites...


but had even more fun playing with the water and sand.




Unfortunately, they were both wearing shorts that were a little too big around the waist. Once those denim shorts got wet, they started falling down. Every so often I would hear Oliver call, "Mommy, mah pants!" and would turn to see him with his shorts around his ankles. Next time I guess I will have them wear their swim suits even if the water is freezing, since they don't seem bothered by that!

Before I forget, I want to write down a few of the cute things Oliver has been saying lately.

He calls Matt's car (which is a Honda) the "Hondy-car," as in, "I wah ride in da Hondy-car!"

For the word "little," Oliver says, "leely." When he needs to use the bathroom, I usually give him a choice of the big potty or the little potty. He often chooses the "leely potty."

Oliver hasn't had as big an appetite lately as normal and has been turning down many of his old favorite foods. When he doesn't want something that is offered to him, he often says, "I don't wanna like that." He calls lunch, "lunk" and dinner, "deena."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! It looks like you and the boys had a great day outside.

I love the stories of Oliver's words and phrases!

Melissa