Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas is Coming!

Henry has been working diligently on his Christmas list for weeks now. Many nights after Oliver goes to bed, Henry browses through toy catalogs and chooses toys that he wishes he had. Then he sits down at his little table with his pencil and his notebook and gets to work.

I am posting his Christmas list here not because I think Santa reads this blog (though he could if he wanted to, I'm sure), but because I am proud of how hard Henry has been working on his writing. Though I have helped him with the occasional word, he has done most of the spelling here on his own. I guess presents and toys are a very good motivator for Henry!

Page 1 (translation below!)
Batcave, Batman, Robin, Joker, Penguin, Batwing, Batmobile, Batcopter


Page 2Mater Stunt Show, Stunt track, Spider-Man, River Rescue Set, rocket, garbage truck


Page 3
Duplo sheep, Duplo combine, Spider Car, Hot Wheels [bike] helmet, Triple Hit Baseball

Henry knows that he won't be getting everything from his list. He has told me that he plans to put star stickers next to the things that he wants the most. :)


Henry and Ollie wanted to wear their Christmas pajamas last night, so I took some pictures of them this morning.

For comparison's sake, here are the boys from the last two years:
2008



2007


In Oliver news, we are excited to report that he spoke his first sentence the other day-- "I want more." He is pleased with its effectiveness and is using is a lot now. Since then, he has also said, "I want up," and "I want down." It is very nice to have him speaking more.

1 comment:

Angelica Biek said...

That list is amazing! I am so proud of you Henry!